Friday 10 August 2012

Banana bread:)

Finally baked something after so many months! I have been craving for some warm banana bread and there are a bunch of banana at home threatening to go to the bin if we don't consume it soon. So a banana bread baking session it is!

This recipe differs from the banana cake I usually bake, and I'm glad the texture and taste is moist and not too sweet for my family's palate. I can foresee myself using this recipe again and again:)


Banana bread
Adapted from
http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.sg/2012/05/easy-peasy-banana-bread.html?m=1

4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup (75g) melted butter
3/4 cup (150g) sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
Pinch of cinnamon powder

1) smash the banana
2) mix in melted butter, sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract
3) fold in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder
4) fill batter in 4 inch x 8 inch pan
5) bake in oven preheated at 175C for 55mins to 1hr

No comments:

Post a Comment